- This event has passed.
LBB, The Center (for LGBTQ community)
March 18 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Community group for queer families, however individually defined. Ideal age range of the children is pre-conception to age six. Parenting topics evolve as children age. All are welcome, but topics will be most relevant for parents of younger children. Children are welcome, however childcare will not be provided. The group is facilitated by a Certified Lactation Educator Counselor (CLEC) and parent of two.
Topics that may be discussed:
– Breastfeeding, chestfeeding, and breastmilk feeding support
– Conception, fertility, donors, fostering, adoption, etc.
– Non-binary/Gender nonconforming parenting
– Access to a community lending library
– Share and listen to personal stories
– Periodic guest speakers
1st Saturdays, 10 – 11:30 am (2017 1st quarter, February 4 and March 4)
3rd Saturdays, 2 – 3:30 pm (2017 1st quarter, February 18 and March 18)
The Center offers free parking in the rear of the building.