- This event has passed.
Our Never Ending Story: Beginner Screenwriting Workshop
December 2, 2017 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
(Community) Writers Day!
Come join us at the LGBTQ Center of Long Beach to delve into the skills of storytelling. Sharing, participating, and telling these stories are what have allowed our community to thrive and flourish.
During Writers’ Day, we will be introduced to writing the screenplay. If you are already familiar with the emotional process of the writing, you are still encouraged to come and provide insight, as well as provide some of your own pieces to share. You are also invited to bring any pieces of work you have done/ been working on to share.
Activities of the event include, but are not limited to:
– Learning the process (theme, character development/ arc, symbolism, structure, etc.) of screenwriting
– Sharing/ discussing the individual pieces of work (screenplays, artwork, books, poetry… anything related to storytelling).
– Viewing short films made and produced by fellow contributors
What to bring:
– Your stories/ work (if desired)
– Writing utensils, paper, and/ or laptop
– Insight and creativity
Food will be available for purchase.
90% of the proceeds from this event will be donated to the Delta Lambda Phi new member class. The fraternity aims to development dignified and purposeful social service and recreational activities, lead in determining the rights and privileges of individuals in society, and present a strong a positive image, which respects the diversity of all individuals.
10% of the proceeds will be donated back to LGBTQ Center of Long Beach.